Believe it or not, the more you improve them around information source management, the more issues you can get (derived from the computerized itself) and however the a longer period you can get to be able to focus on something more immediate, important or exciting. However you see it.
Of course, the discussion “If you improve everything well, then you will have almost no issues” is fairly legitimate but actually it it is not more than just an discussion.
You have seen, used, and probably dealt with Automated Storage space Management (ASM), Automated Amount of work Database (AWR), Automated Database Analytic Observe (ADDM), Automated SGA Management (ASM).
There is even a magazine known as “Easy Oracle Automation” not to discuss the 90’s guide “High Efficiency Oracle Database Automation: Developing Oracle Programs with SQL and PL/SQL” when computerized in the information source had various significance from what it has now
Now, there are 5 significant ares of information source automation:
1. Back-up automation: this is most well-known area of computerized around the information source. Very few DBAs hassle to personally backup the information source. However, how many can improve recover and restoration. But someone should go personally through the records of unsuccessful computerized back-ups and debug the causes and re-run the back-ups.
2. Tracking automation: Lines Control is doing it for you. Just create sure that agents’ position is also supervised for if an broker is down/hung then there is no monitoring. Of course, we want to ensure that the agents’ monitoring procedure is also under monitoring and so on and so on … In my viewpoint Lines Control is the best device created by Oracle around the information source. And it is free if you do not use the specs. Of course the principles of Lines Control without the functions is like the value of a information source with no customers in it (but then protection is not an problem, right?)
3. Automation of common DBA activities: in concept almost everything can be automated: start-up and shut down of the information source, etc. Query is: is it valued at it? Do you improve Oracle set ups and patching? Well patching can be semi-automated using the provisioning package when you have enough a chance to invest in establishing up it. I have seen all views on that topic. Can you improve autoextend of the information file program when it is 99% complete. No way, right? Do you instantly add datafiles to a tablespace when it is almost full?
4. Security automation: now this is a fairly one. Often ignored by some DBAs computerized protection of the information source collection can be quite valuable in situation of should-not-have-happened circumstances. Often audit is designed incorrectly. The value you get from effectively set information source protection computerized is remarkable. Many organizations comprehend very well the protection threats and issues but whether they really comprehend it or not is a question.
5. Automated SQL tuning: it is the best and independently on the topic but here in brief what it is:
– Oracle instantly operates the SQL Adjusting Consultant on chosen high-load SQL claims from the Automated Amount of work Database (AWR) that become qualified as tuning candidates
– This process, known as Automated SQL Adjusting, operates in the standard servicing ms windows on a every night basis
– You can personalize popular functions of the servicing ms windows, such as start and end time, regularity, and days of the week
– Automated SQL tuning operates by standard for at most one time during a servicing window
– Automated SQL Adjusting needs one-time configuration
– Available from 11g onwards
– One of the best new functions in 11g and the best 11g new function for Data Middle DBAs’