New features. What new can you anticipate from a relational information source after more than 10 significant versions? In fact, if we consider as different editions the three releases of 8i, the two releases of 9i, 10g and 11g and take into account that there never was edition 1, we are now into Oracle edition 16. Or is it edition 17 as 22.214.171.124 comes individual completely new set up with several new features? Something we have not experienced before.
Feel free to don’t agree
1. The new PL/SQL program known as DBMS_AUTO_SQLTUNE provides more limited accessibility the Automated SQL Adjusting function. Which is as many know the best one in 11g along with EBR. With this program, accessibility Automated SQL Adjusting can be limited to DBAs so that only they can change its configurations settings that impact run-time actions of the question optimizer, such as allowing or limiting automatic SQL information development.
2. Edition-Based Redefinition: The EDITION function of a knowledge source assistance identifies the preliminary period edition for a period that is began using that assistance. If the program that makes a new period does not specify the preliminary period, then the edition name specified by the solutions used. If the assistance does not specify the edition name, then the preliminary period edition is the information source standard edition. DBAs should work together with Designers to obtain appropriate implementation
3. Repetitive Interconnect Usage: Oracle RAC needs a individual system relationship between the web servers of the Oracle RAC group. The devoted system relationship, known as interconnect, is essential for the interaction in the group. Using redundant system relationships for fill controlling and to fail security is suggested. While in past releases, technological innovation like connection or trunking had to be used to make use of redundant systems for the interconnect, Oracle Lines Facilities for a Cluster and Oracle RAC now provide a local way of using redundant system relationships to make sure maximum interaction in the group. Using redundant interconnects maximizes the balance, stability, and scalability of an Oracle RAC group. At least that is what Oracle declare in the certification.
4. Oracle Business Administrator DB Management provides assistance for Oracle RAC One Node information source. Furthermore, assistance has been included in this launch to Oracle Database Configuration Associate (DBCA) to develop an Oracle Real Program Groups One Node (Oracle RAC One Node) information source as part of the information source development process.
5. Management Data file up-dates can be impaired during NOLOGGING functions using DB_UNRECOVERABLE_SCN_TRACKING (set it to true or false)
6. Improved TRUNCATE functionality: While truncating a table or column, you can now specify whether or not to keep any sections. Truncating a table or column with the new prolonged format eliminates all sections and does not use any area until new information is placed. All assigned area in a knowledge source can now be recycled by truncating platforms or categories with the new prolonged format, improving the place feet make of any application.
7. Columnar pressure is now reinforced with Oracle Sources and XStream. This selection allows sensible duplication of platforms compacted using Exadata Multiple Columnar Compression. Is anyone using Sources with Exadata ?
8. Important: the standard dimension the first level of any new section for a portioned table is now 8M instead of 64K. The objective according to Oracle is to enhance I/O efficiency. However, under certain conditions, running a table will take considerably more hard disk area.
9. Using binary XML with SecureFiles as the XMLType standard storage: in this launch, the standard storage area design has modified for XMLType from STORE AS CLOB to STORE AS SECURE FILE BINARY XML. This impacts the storage area used when an precise STORE AS stipulation is not provided when making an XMLType table or line. Not specifying a STORE AS CLAUSE indicates that it is remaining to the data source to figure out what the maximum storage area design should be.
10. Assistance for in-place update of clients: Both in-place and out-of-place improvements are reinforced for customer set ups. You now have the choice of doing in-place customer improvements lowering the need for additional storage area and simplifying the set up procedure.
Stay connected to CRB Tech for more technical optimization and other updates and information.