In this article we created a list of books for mechanical engineering for the core courses of the subject. There are many books available for study of Mechanical Engineering but it’s not possible to study all the books of the core courses in ME. And many times it is impossible to purchase all the books in every subject.
Best Mechanical Engineering Books PDF For Undergrads
The best books for the core ME courses are –
Mechanical Engineering Drawing books
- Engineering Drawing and Design by David A. Madsen and David P. Madsen.
- Engineering Drawing by Basant Agarwal and C M Agarwal
Basic Books For Mechanical Engineering:
Basic Thermodynamics books
- Thermodynamics An Engineering Approach by Younus A. Cengel and Micheal A. Boles (Best ME book; pdf is also available)
- Rogers’ Engineering Thermodynamics
- P.K. Nag’s Basic and Applied Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics by Michael J. Moran and Howard N. Shapiro
Engineering or Vector Mechanics books
- Vector Mechanics for Engineers statics and dynamics by Ferdinand P. Beer and E. Russel Johnston. The solution guide of this book is also available.
- 800 solved problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Vol 1) by Joseph Shelley
- 700 solved problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Vol 2) by Joseph Shelley
Mechanics of Solids or Strength of Materials books
- Timshenko’s History of Strength of Materials
- Singer’s Strength of Materials
- Mechanics of Materials by Beer Johnston
- Engineering Mechanics of Solids by Popov
- Numerical Methods for Engineers by Steven Chapra.
- Numeric Methods for Scientists and Engineers by R.W. Hamming.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Numerical Analysis by Parviz Moin
Heat Transfer books
- Heat and Mass Transfer an Engineering Approach by Cengel
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer by Incorpera, DeWitt, Lavine, Bergman
- Introduction to Heat Transfer by Vedat Arpaci , Shu-hsin – Kao , Ahmet Selamet
- Mechanics of fluids by Irving Shames
- Fluid Mechanics – Frank M. White
- Fundamentals of fluid Mechanics by Bruce R. Munson, Wade W. Huebsch, Alric P. Rothmayer.
- Fluid Mechanics by Cengel and Kimbala
Machine Design books
- Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design
- A text book of Machine Design by R.S Khurmi and J.K Gupta
- The Mechanical Design Process by David G. Ullman
There are several handbooks available for Machine Design -
- Standard Handbook of Machine Design by Shigley
Mechanics of Machinery books
- Theory of Machines by R.S Khurmi and J.K. Gupta
- Mechanics of Machines : elementary theory and example : John Hannah and Richmond Courtney Stephens
Instrumentation and Measurement books
- Theory and Design of Mechanical Measurements by Richard S. Figliola
- Instrumentation for Process Measurement and Control by Norman A. Anderson
Power Plant Engineering books
- Power Plant Engineering by P.K. Nag
- Power Plant Engineering G.R. Nagpal
Refrigeration and Building Mechanical Systems books
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning by Ahmadul Ameen
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology by Bill Johnson, Bill Whiteman, John Tomczyck
- Refrigeration by Hundi
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics by John Anderson (great for fundamental knowledge)
- Fundamentals of Flight by Richard S. Shevell
- Fluid Power with application by Anthony Esposito
Control Engineering books
- Control Systems Engineering by Norman Nise (Best Mechanical Engineering book for control engineering.
Automobile Engineering books
- Automotive Mechanics by William H. Crouse (great book for learning)
- A Textbook of Automobile Engineering by R.K. Rajput
Special: Mechanical Engineering Books (pdf and hard copy) for Basic ME
The below mentioned MR books will help you to earn a basic knowledge about different topics before getting into depth.
Comprehensive Basic Mechanical Engineering by R.K. Rajput
Mechanical Engineering By Khurmi and Gupta
Basic Mechanical Enginnering By R.K Singal
Basic Mechanical Engineering By Basant Agarwal.
There are several courses on ME field. We shall update the list of ME books while adding new subjects.
With this I conclude. To know more, keep visiting our website.
Here at CRB Tech Solutions, we offer CAD CAM certification course in Pune. If you want trainings in methods and implementation of design processes, you must have depth on the concept and the practical knowledge of the software through our quality CAD/CAM courses.
If you are considering an AutoCAD training course, come and join us. We will guide and support you in improving your skill in AutoCAD programs and help you grow in this field.
If you are looking for good opportunities in CAD Cam jobs, come and join our CAE Institute in Pune which offers the best training through our mechanical design engineering courses.