In today’s blog topic we are sharing some of the mostly asked and important questions from interview point of view.
1. Why Thermodynamics is important in the field of Mechanical Engineering
As all the mechanical systems obey the rules of thermodynamics; it is very important for the mechanical engineers.
2. State the Laws of Thermodynamics.
The three laws of thermodynamics are:
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; but can change forms. In an isolated system, the total energy always remains the same.
The entropy of the universe increases during any spontaneous process.
As temperature reaches absolute zero, the entropy of a system becomes minimum.
3. What are the Laws of energy conservation?
Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed; but can be transformed from one form to another.
4. Is a boiler a closed system?
5. What is a Carnot engine?
It is an imaginary engine which follows Carnot cycle and provides 100% efficiency.
6. Difference between Gas and Vapour
- Vapour can change back and forth into liquid and solid states but a gas can’t.
- Gases cannot be seen while vapours are visible.
- Vapours settle on ground while gases don’t.
7. Differentiate Boiling Point and Melting Point
- The melting point is the temperature at which a solid changes to liquid state.
- The boiling point is the temperature ate which liquids transform into gas.
8.What is the effect of reheat on Rankine cycle?
1. Increased efficiency
2. Increased yield
4. None of these.
9. What is flashpoint?
Flash point is the lowest temperature at which vapour of a combustible liquid can be ignited in air.
10. What is refrigerant?
A substance that transfers heat from one place to another, developing a cooling effect. Water is a refrigerant in absorption machines.
11. What is Otto cycle.
Designed by Nicolas Otto, an Otto cycle can be explained by a pressure volume (P/V) relationship diagram. It depicts the functioning cycle of a four stroke engine. The cycle begins with an intake stroke, closing the intake and then moves to the compression stroke, starting of combustion, power stroke, heat exchange stroke where heat is rejected and the exhaust stroke.
12. How to measure temperature in a Wet Bulb Thermometer?
Wet bulb temperature is measured in a wet bulb thermometer by covering the bulb with a wick and soaking it with water. It corresponds to the dew point temperature and relative humidity.
13.) In a Thermal Power Plant why Deaerator (D/A) is placed on a height?
To build a very high pressure and the temperature for a boiler feed water pump and it discharges high pressure water to the boiler.
14.) What are the differences between gas turbine and a steam turbine?
Gas turbine works on Bryton cycle whereas a steam turbine works on Rankine cycle. The making and operation of a gas turbine is entirely different to steam turbine.
15) Where does stress corrosion cracking occur in a stream turbine?
In the wet stages.
Hope you liked this discussion.
Are you looking for CAD CAM certification in Pune? Well if you want to do CAD CAM training courses, then our CRB Tech Solutions has a nice name in this field for you to take up for enhancing your skill in AutoCAD programs and grow in your career. Our CAD training courses are much upgraded and our CAD CAM institute has earned a niche for itself.
We also offer mechanical design engineer courses with our a well structured program in view of offering training for mechanical engineering students