While a machine in being designed there is no fixed machine design procedure but a number of options have to be considered. When designing a machine one can’t apply rigid rules to get the best design for the machine at the lowest expenses.
The designer who has the habit of following a fixed line of steps for designing the machine or machine elements cannot come out with the best product. When the new product is to be developed the problems keep on arising at design stage, and these can be solved only by having flexible approach and considering various ways.
The machine design procedure might not be standard, there are some common steps to be followed. Here are some guidelines as to how the machine design engineer could proceed with the design:
1) Make a written statement of what exactly is the problem for which the machine design has to be done. This statement must be very clear and as detailed as possible. If you want to develop a new produce, note down the details about your project. This statement is sort of the list of the aims that are to be achieved from machine design.
2) Consider the possible mechanisms especially all the possible mechanisms which could help desired motion or the group of motions in your proposed machine.
3) Transmitted forces: Machine is comprised of various machine elements on which various forces are applied. Calculate the forces acting on each of the element and energy transmitted by them.
4) Material selection: Select the appropriate materials for each element of the machine such that they could sustain all the forces and at the same time they have least expenditure.
5) Find allowable stress: All the machine elements are subjected to stress whether big or small. Do consider the various forces acting on the machine elements, their material and other factors that affect the strength of the machine calculate the allowable or design stress for the machine elements.
6) Dimensions of the machine elements: Get the appropriate dimensions for the machine elements considering the forces acting on it, its material, and design stress. The size of the machine elements must be such that they should not distort or break when weights are put.
7) Take note of the past experience: If you have any past experience of designing a machine element or the previous records of the company, consider them and make the necessary changes in the design. Further, designer can use his/her personal judgment so as to facilitate the production of the machine and it’s elements.
8) Make drawings: After designing the machine and elements make the assembly drawings of the whole machines and detailed drawings of all the elements of the machine. There you clearly specify the dimensions of the assembly and the machine elements, their actual number required, their material and method of production. The designer must also specify the accuracy, finishing and other related parameters for the machine elements.
So now we conclude the discussion now.Keep looking for this space for the second part.
Are you looking for CAD CAM certification in Pune? Well if you want to do CAD training courses, then our CRB Tech Solutions has a nice name in this field for you to take up for enhancing your skill in AutoCAD programs and grow in your career. Our CAD CAM courses are much upgraded and our CAD CAM institute has earned a niche for itself.
We also offer mechanical design engineer courses with our a well structured program in view of offering CAD CAM training for mechanical engineering students